At Bear Haven Cabin cleanliness is one of our top priorities. This is our second home that we live in a good part of the year. So having a clean place is important to not only our health and happiness, but for our guests as well.
We have one of the best cleaning crews in all of Big Bear Valley and we pay them well. We understand that guests sometimes wonder why the cleaning fee seems so high. In reality, we absorb part of the cost of the cleaning fee to keep the price reasonable to our guests.
You can see from our many reviews that we maintain high standards of cleanliness and it shows! As travelers ourselves we know that arriving to a home that is clean and fresh always starts our vacation off right!
Our cleaning fee covers the following:
Cleaning fee provides for routine cleaning (4 hours) by our cleaning crew.
Our cleaning crew will:
- Clean showers, bathtub, toilets, bathroom sinks and counters
- Wipe down and sanitize kitchen counters and sink
- Final clean and sanitize of stove top, microwave, and refrigerator shelves.
- Vacuum and wash floors
- Wash towels and bed linens
- Make beds ready for next guests
- Do a general straighten up of living areas.
- Clean out ashes from fireplace
- General dusting of cabin
Guests are responsible to do the following:
- Clean up from all food/meal prep and cooking. All dishes, utensils. cookware, and glassware must be washed, dried and returned to the appropriate storage space where found on arrival.
- Microwave, stove top, and refrigerator shelves are to be wiped down and left reasonably free from food, liquids, and grease.
- Upon departure, bath linens should be left on the bathroom floor or in the bathtub.
- All trash/recycling is to be placed in the bins provided in the garage.
- Return all items (e.g.); furniture, remotes, games, toys, etc to their original locations.
- If you used the BBQ please do not put the cover on it. This will let our cleaning crew know it needs cleaning.
The cleaning fee does not provide for cleaning up from guest's cooking and/or food/meal prep. Excessive messes due to neglect or abuse will result in an additional cleaning fee.